Monday, September 14, 2009


Well I am now officially a Condo owner !! Possession date was today and I got the keys. Should be an exciting thing I suppose but for me it's not. I want to be heading SOUTH and travelling in my Motorhome and riding my gorgeous Harley !!!

But such is life and I will simply try and do what's put in front of me and accept !! For now !! LOL

Tomorrow I will bring the RV out to the Condo and start unloading it. I also have another Doctor's appointment and will get the results of the Bone Scan.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Motorhome Update

Still haven't found anywhere to store my RV for the Winter. I have lots of places available to me if I want to leave it outside, but I would prefer to have it stored somewhere inside if I can.

I've made numerous phone calls to places as far as 2 hours drive from my location but they all have their regulars and no space available. I'm running out of options.

My Harley will stay in its trailer and I will hook up an extention cord so that I can have a bulb burning in there to keep the condensation off the bike. A friend of mine does that with his Harley in his shed and said it works perfectly.

All these things I have to deal with now when I'm supposed to be down South !!! Oh right.........Acceptance !! LOL

Condo Update

I'm taking possession of my Condo on Monday, September 14th. Sadly, Not looking forward to it as I had hoped to be making plans to head South by this time.

But such is life and ACCEPTANCE is what I need to work on now. Will be doing some renovations on the Condo but that won't start until October 12th as the person I have hired is not available until then.

In the meantime, I will be throwing a box spring and mattress on the floor, putting in my lawn chair lounger and buying an 42" LCD TV. That will be it for furnishings until the reno's are completed. No sense having a lot of stuff around in the way.

That will also give me time to shop around for SALES on the minimum of furniture I will need.

Medical Update

Bone Scan done today. Will have to wait for a couple of days for the results of that.
Pain still not letting up at all in my neck and left shoulder and has now gone to my right shoulder. Not as bad in my right shoulder.....yet !!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MRI showed nothing much !!!

The pain level has now reached the EXTREME level and just doesn't let up. The MRI showed some minor things but nothing to warrant the pain I'm having. Next test now is a Bone Scan on September 9th........and wait for the results of that. The Doctor is puzzled !!

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my RV will be stored for the Winter as I will not be able to travel anywhere. Very disappointing !!

So the "Go" "No Go" decision that I was going to make towards the middle of September is now a definite "No Go".

Which naturally means that the "RV or Condo" will be the "Condo". Yikes, Now I have to try and get out when I can to get some furniture !!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

MRI is tomorrow........

After waiting for about 2 months, finally the MRI is scheduled for tomorrow. The results of that will tell me if my RV life is going to be very short lived !!!
If I had to make my "Go" "No Go" decision would have to be a "No Go" as the pain in my shoulder has been awful this week !!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bought A Condo !! YIKES

The pain in my neck and shoulder was not getting better so I started to panic ! What was I going to do ?? Where was I going to live ?? Certainly can't live full-time in a Motorhome in Newfounland !!

I knew I didn't want to buy a house again. And I also knew that I didn't want to throw away money on rent. Housing and rental prices have really increased here in the last few years.

So I decided to start looking online at Condo's. Boy, They are expensive as well. But I did find one that I fell in love with and because it needed some work (mostly cosmetic), the price was within the range that I was willing to pay. It's not in a concrete building and it's overlooking a large Pond. The view from my livingroom is amazing !!!

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that even if I can get back on the road, buying the Condo would be a good investment and I could rent it while (if ??) I'm travelling.

So buy it I did. Possession date is September 14th but the person that I have hired to do the remodeling cannot start the work until October 5th.....meaning I can't advertise it for rent until towards the end of October. All will fall into place I'm sure.

I'm feeling more hopeful today that I will be able to get back on the road though. It's only been the last few days that I have felt some relief from the pain so I'm hopeful that it will continue to improve. I still have three whole weeks before I make my "Go" "No Go" decision.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well I figure until I get on the road and have some great exciting pictures and stories to tell I might as well use this time to figure out this blogging thing and how to import pics into a post. And what better a picture to post than my gorgeous 2006 Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC hmmmm Did I actually figure it out the first try !!!

Go......No Go ???

I just created my first ever BLOG !!! Me Nerves !!! I did it because I am determined to remain optimistic that I will be able to get back on the road !!

I sold my house......yes, right down to the dishes !!!!.....April, 2009 and bought a 31' Winnebago Access Class C to travel and get away from the cold Winter months here in Canada.

I did a quick trip to Toronto and back and knew immediately I would like this new lifestyle. But I somehow managed to pull something in my neck and the pain has been radiating down my shoulder since June !!

I am going to make my "Go" or "No Go" decision by the middle of September. It is getting better....oh, so slowly !!!